Well, we made it to #cantwaitforoctober! Not sure what happens now, but @WMATA sure was excited to get here!
Before I get into the run-down: Last month at the WMATA RAC meeting I asked the Riders’ Advisory Council to reach out to riders in September. I asked them to introduce themselves, either by letter on my site or UnSuck – or ANYWHERE, and offer a way for riders to get in touch with them. Have you seen this in the last month? If so, please let me know!
Here’s what’s happening:
- @WMATA got pretty blunt on Friday night. You’re sure to hear more about this Twitter “conversation” so here it is in it’s full form.
- The next WMATA RAC meeting is this Wednesday night – you’re invited! Here’s everything you need to know about it.
- Weeknight track work (better late than never I guess).
- Metro had it’s first bus fatality since 2011 on Thursday night. (via @Kytja)
- Speaking of buses – Metro changed some schedules on Sunday, @Kytja has the info.
- Washington Post’s WMATA reporter @PostMetroGirl takes @PostMetroBaby for a ride on Metro. (picture)
- @unsuckdcmetro asks who looks worse in the WMATA/Nats showdown – riders have a hard time deciding:
- Get to steppin: At system open this morning WMATA reports 77 escalators aren’t escalating.
- Occupy DC plans a week of protests... this could easily spill onto Metro (they haven’t been big fans in the past) so be ready! (via @NBCWashington)
- The @WMATA/@Mind_Mixer “murder-suicide pact”. (via @unsuckdcmetro)
- WMATA announces the weekend track work for next weekend with a LONG stretch of single-tracking on the Red Line (and more Orange Line single-tracking)
- WMATA is looking for more RAC members (yes, I’ve applied many times)
— Carl Straumsheim (@cfstraumsheim) October 1, 2012
- WMATA tells Mind Mixer they can screw up social media all on their own, thank you very much… also, here’s a check for $1250 per month… (via @WCP)
NOTE: This post updates all day – check back here often for updates! Did I miss something? Comment here or tweet me and I’ll add it!